Circle of Excellence Award
New York, NY — March 2010 — The New York Chapter of the International Furnishings & Design Association (IFDA) honored industry luminaries through its bi-annual awards, the Circle of Excellence (COE) in New York City on Tuesday, May 4th.
The award program was created to recognize individuals and organizations demonstrating exemplary leadership, achievement andinitiative in the design and furnishing communities. The IFDA is a worldwide alliance of those in the commercial and residential design sectors and this award is considered a top honor, as it celebrates the industry’s diversity in a number of distinct categories.
Honorees for 2010 include:
- Media: Cindy Allen,Interior Design Magazine
- Interior Design: Charles Pavarini III, Charles Pavarini III Design Associates
- Product Design/Development: John Stark and Steven Stark, Stark
- Retailer-to-the-Trade Resource: Benjamin Moore & Co., Ray Gomez
- Green Achievement: Angela Nahikian, Steelcase
- Education: The Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Bill Moggridge
- Special Humanitarian Award: Kenneth Wampler, The Alpha Workshops